Taking the dog to the house, we are responsible for its life and health. Nutrition – one of the key moments in the care of a pet, because its balance and mode give the body strength for active growth. Busy owner purchasing automatic feeder for dogs will help solve the problem of the constant lack of home.
Auto Feeder for Dogs – Device
There are two fundamentally different options for filling the feeder with food:
- the first design involves filling the compartments for each meal separately, the amount of feed for only one cycle;
- the second is designed to fill the feed for several days in advance; food comes in portions from the compartment.
All existing feeders are equipped with a timer, where the owner indicates the number of servings per day, their volume and the interval between feedings. As a result, an automatic dog feeder provides the correct dog diet without the participation of the breeder. Most modern models are equipped with an additional function: when feeding, the device speaks in the voice of the host, phrases are recorded on the built-in recording device.
Types of feeders for dogs
- The first version of the design is most similar to the usual pet bowl with a lid. Capacity is divided into segments that are filled with feed or canned food. After a predetermined gap, the lid opens segment by segment, and the dog receives the desired portion.
- The feeder with a hinged lid has an advantage, the food in it remains un-weathered, and this is true for canned food. The food is stored under the lid, the container opens at the specified time. You can put two feeders with different feeds to provide variety.
- Convenient feeder for large dogs with a large container for a few pounds of food will solve the problem for several days. This option is one of the most expensive, and it takes up more space than a regular bowl. However, this is an excellent solution for large breeds , the device is functional and reliable.
- The most affordable option in terms of price will be an automatic feeder for dogs without automatics in the form of a timer. A large container is filled with food and placed on a bowl. As you eat, the food itself pours out of the container under its own weight. If the pet is not prone to overeating, the feeder will be an affordable and convenient choice.
Auto feeder for dogs of small breeds
A convenient automatic feeder for cats and dogs of small breeds is the model with compartments. The round container can be divided into four or six compartments, therefore the portion size is medium to small. Since the trough itself is not much different in size from a regular bowl, a small dog will have enough of its contents for a day. For a small dog enough and the volume of the feeder with a folding lid, there is placed about half a kilogram of food.
Automatic feeder for dogs of large breeds
A big dog needs to take much more food at a time, so a container in the form of a bowl is not always the right solution. For large dogs, an automatic feeder is more suitable with one large storage:
- the tank is designed for the amount of feed up to 10 kg, this is just the size of a standard package for large breeds;
- the storage container itself is well protected from pet opening and impact;
- the power cord is also well protected from damage to animals;
- the design is designed for different sizes of feed pellets.
WOPET Automatic dog feeder
If the dog does not live in a residential environment, you can use two types of feeders. It can be an automatic design, if it is possible to connect it safely and provide protection against power surges. A good choice would be a design without automatics, when food gets enough sleep under its own weight. But the similar option of feeding from an automatic feeder for dogs is suitable exclusively for animals that are not prone to overeating.