- The Nest. This is a smart thermostat that is connected to the internet, of course. It helps make your house more efficient by monitoring when you are asleep or awake, hot or cold, in the house or out of the house. It changes the temperature accordingly. This helps you save tremendously on energy bills. It helps learn your preferences.
- The smart plug and insight switch. The smart plug is connected to your smartphone and turns on and off when you hit the button on your smartphone. It can also be given a schedule of when it should be turned on or off. The insight switch records how much energy your devices are using.
- Phillips Hue smart bulbs. This bulb is much more intelligent than an ordinary bulb. It can be turned on and off to fit schedule, connected to your smartphone. These bulbs can also be joined with your music to create a fun music and light party.
- The Apple Smart Watch. This watch allows you to leave your phone behind and still make calls, text, listen to music and many more things that you would usually need your phone for. You can even ask Siri to send a message. Stay connected when your phone is not by your side.
- This is where smart tags are attached to the items on sale. After the payment is done, they are unclipped automatically.
- Multiple wearables. They monitor and track heart rate, sleep, caloric intake, and many other metrics to help keep our overall health and fitness in check.
- Cobra Code. This is remote control and monitoring of your vehicle. This enables you to control functions of your car such as opening and closing of doors, the alarm system and detecting the routes and traffic.
- This serves as a security system and home monitoring device which lets you see what is going on in your home. It also acts as a speaker, allowing you to speak to people in your house, even if you are on holiday. This function is a really good way of controlling your home when you are not there.
- Logitech’s harmony. Lights, locks, plugs and thermostats can all be controlled using your smartphone. As well as a wide range of sensors that is used to create a well-rounded security system, joined with all the other devices in your home.
- Kolibree smart toothbrush. This is a great one for the kids as it makes brushing into a game making sure that they brush for long enough, at the right speed and frequency. It also saves data onto your phone about your brushing habits.
- Petnet smart ped feeder. This means animals can benefit from the internet of things. It helps you organise which sort of food is best for your pet and how much they should be consuming. You can control all of this via your smartphone. You can even schedule the delivery of the next food for when it runs out.